All the things I love...

All the things I love...
All the things I love...

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

642 things to think about

When I was in London earlier this year I bought a book: 642 things to write about. There are 642 statements in there and you need to use your imagination to write something about them. I've had the book for a while and this morning while relaxing before Christmas Eve I decided to finally write some of my stories. And out of all my answers there was something I could no longer ignore: I'm hurt. I don't understand it and I think I probably never will. Why wasn't I good enough? Why is she beter than me? But then I realised the problem is not him, it is not her, it is me. I need to accept that what happened was not caused by me. There was nothing I could have done different to change the way he behaved, the choices he made. I'm not perfect, but I need to realise that I don't need to change to make somebody happy. If I want to change it needs to be because I feel I have to in order to make myself a better person. Even though I knew he wasn't the one for me, I chose the ignore it for so long. The same way he did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment