All the things I love...

All the things I love...
All the things I love...

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Just around the river bend...

Everyday a million things pop into my head. And there must have been a thousand stories that I have already told. But the problem is that I never put pen to paper. They stay in my head and never get immortalized by me writing them down. We are always on the go: going to work, going to a meeting, go to the gym, going to dinner,... It's how I enjoy living my life. I need to be surrounded by people and go from one activity to the other. A terrifying thought is that maybe one day I won't have anything planned, nothing to look foorward to, nothing coming next. It's a scary thought for most of us. What if all you can do is stand still and enjoy the now. Not many people really do it, I think because even though it can be liberating, it also is so real, so naked, so vulnerable that we don't want to go there. We don't want to get to a point where we have no next step because we are scared that the universe will not guide us to something next. Not something new, something next. Most people are not looking for a new thing, but the next thing. Even though tomorrow, next week, next month may be planned around something we have done repeatedly; it is enough. Why can we not be content with what we have and believe that the universe will guide is to where we are supposed to be. I like being down to earth, but I can't help but think that sometimes we are too down to earth. We are down in the earth unable to move and to change the current. Not brave enough to take time evaluate the as is and let the wind bring us to the to be. We would rather stay in the earth and look forward to winter, spring summer, autumn. Winter, spring, summer, autumn,... Even though what might be waiting can be a a whole new unexepcted season.


No comments:

Post a Comment